This is a title that I liked and still like me! As a highly poetic and decidedly not of his time (1) . I actually thought at first to a red herring in the kind of Autumn in Peking by Boris Vian but no: the latest novel by Maurice G. Dantec speaks indeed the ghost of a jazz musician in the station Mir defeated. And to achieve this feat - I mean to invent a story that sticks to such a title, if indeed that title has appeared before in Dantec's novel, which I think - we can say that the author begins by far. From far away, even: 36 000 Km, the usual distance geostationary satellites that take vis-à-vis the equator.
The two heroes of this book are a couple striking and gently hallucinating. These are indeed two young dissolute deep brain living in a global hysterical ultra-violent sort of projection uchronic our beautiful West. Man is the one that says he's thirty, his accomplice is a beautiful plant and educated athletes 21 years, which meets the sweet name of Karen. The novel opens with the robbery of a post office district in Paris, told by the robber. Results in a lack of chase, so the shot is perfect. Everything gets more complicated as one would expect from the couple on the run, usurping a whole slew of new identities, begins to approach the equator. The whole is bathed in alcohol and cachetons, history remain serious, and everything in the story is ultra and account million , issue of modernity.
Truce mockery here certainly a novel that detonates in the middle of the Franco-French editions usual. The action is punchy and language guts. One feels that Dantec intends to unpack his literary craft. It leads quite inevitably to passages a little childish, but in the event a little girl of verbal abuse which the narrator revels. More annoying: the most visible efforts to be modern frequently lead to great moments of loneliness and old-fashioned narrative aesthetics. So many different references are cited, beginning with the Kill Bill Tarantino from cover, the novel falls several times in an aesthetic sterile in my opinion. Although I agree, for example in the tribute to Albert Ayler (who plays the ghost in the Mir station failed), I always look what Dantec offers his reader once he threw that name and that 'he told us the suspicious circumstances of the death of saxophonist. Ditto for Clockwork Orange, Cassius Clay, the Ray-Ban sunglasses, Carl Perkins, Nelson Mandela and even the Mir space station: all are cited in the novel, but why?
I ended up reading very quickly a good half of the book. It reads like one half asleep zap between several TV programs interrupted by commercials. It occupies undoubtedly brain time available, but assembly hirsute finds no consistency, and if I play sometimes, I do not agree either. For me Dantec's novel seethes, but softly.
(1) To lay an existing title, if you write an essay should be called "The ghost who was a jazz musician," or "Those authors who choose long titles" if a novel, "Metempsychosis the otter" or "The Delusion of the astronaut." For example.
211 pages, ed. Albin Michel - 16 €
Paper read in the program Critical Mass www.babelio.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment