Jerome David Salinger died
If you ask me what I was born writer as a reader, I would say JD Salinger. Because of The Catcher in the Rye, Franny and Zooey by , from Uncle dilapidated Connecticut and A Perfect Day for Banana Fish.
Wandering Holden Caulfield through New York has influenced generations of teenagers. How many, like me, consider this book as a monument of literature? How much worse, had furiously want to live like Holden: to have his style, his refusal, his phrasing, his irony and his impertinence?
Salinger is dead and I would like to read or reread.
... and rejoice unreleased tracks that are sure to emerge in the coming year.
Simple as that.
reclusive JD Salinger lived in silence for over 50 years. No video of him there, almost no pictures except the one you find in all chronic tonight. No authorized biography, only an unauthorized biography of a journalist malicious Salinger sued, and the childhood memories of her daughter. A very great novelist, one of two or three greatest of the twentieth century, has died.
From memory: "If you really want me to tell you, then surely the first thing you will ask me is where I was born, and what it looked like, my fucking childhood, and what were my parents before me, and all that crap to David Copperfield. But I do not want to say anything and everything. First, this kind of stuff that bores me and my parents Deuxio they would each have an attack, and even two each, if I were to just talk about them something a little personal. "
... and it dates from 1951. Damn.
0 comments:
Post a Comment